Friday, July 14, 2006

7th adjustment

I had my 7th adjustment this past Tuesday, Jul 11, bright and early at 8am. This time the only thing that I had to do was to take molds of my teeth. I can tell that the nurse assistant is new and inexperienced because it seems like she didn't know what she's doing. And of course I was right because I ended up doing 3 molds for my upper teeth!! She screwed up once already and when the ortho examined the 2nd mold, he told her to do it again, for the 3rd time!! The tray filled with gunk stuck all the way inside my throat made me hurl. I basically barfed, but because I didn't eat anything before I came, I had nothing to throw up. So I guess it was a good thing that I went with an empty stomach! I was very annoyed and frustrated. She could see it in my face. She kept apologizing, but I didn't acknowledge my forgiveness. I felt that the whole situation would have been prevented had she been more experienced.

After the molds, I had the same wires put back on. I chose to put silver ligs on my upper brackets this time since I am so sick and tired of the clear ones staining yellow. Power chains again. No change from last time. So a few hours after I left the office, I felt discomfort on my lower right wall of my mouth. I checked it out and it was the end of the wire poking at me. Dang! That stupid nurse didn't clip the wire off! I don't have time to go back to the office! I'll see if I can toughen it up and just bear with it, then I can save myself another trip back to the ortho's. Next time, if I get her again, I will request that someone else help me.

Ortho said after he analyzes the molds, he can tell me whether I am ready for surgery yet . I hope the answer comes back as YES!!! I will be so damn disappointed if he tells me that I need more time. :(

Next appointment: August 1, 2006