Friday, January 20, 2006

3rd adjustment

Just did my 3rd adjustment today. My archwire didn't get changed. I just got my ligs changed so they can re-apply pressure to force my wire to work more efficiently. The old ones have been sretched and no longer work as good. Besides, they are yellow and gross. In the process of getting my ligs changed, they found out that the bracket on my upper left canine was loose. I didn't even notice before.. so they had to repair it. They took the bracket out of my tooth. While I waited for the ortho to reapply, I stared at that one tooth. It looked naked but smooth. My tongue ran over the tooth and it was a nice feeling not having a bracket over it. But that was short-lived. The ortho came and glued the bracket back on.

The ortho told me that my teeth are progressing nicely -- especially the bottom teeth. That was good to hear. He also told me that I am on schedule to be ready for surgery in September of this year. Of course, September is not the firm date just because it all depends on the surgeon's schedule. I hope it will be in the November timeframe just so I can combine my leave of absence with holidays. Then it wouldn't be that noticeable that I'm taking so many weeks off. The best is around December when everyone is away, offices close, and there is nothing to do. Oh well, that's still so far away...

Next Adjustment: February 17, 2006