Friday, November 24, 2006

The ticker is ticking...

So the ticker says that there is exactly 7 days until my surgery. The countdown is surreal. I can't believe that 1 week from today around this time, I will be in the hospital done with my surgery, probably feeling miserable. I spent some time yesterday doing more research on jaw surgery. Quite a lot of people have posted their pictures up on the internet. The pictures kinda made everything real. Some people had it really easy -- by the 10th day, they've already resorted back to their normal looks. Some had it bad - with black eyes and bruises all over. I hope I won't fall under the "bad" group's statistic.

My family celebrated Thanksgiving today (1 day later than the official date). While it was nice to have everyone gather around to eat the feast, I can't help but think about this being the last big feast I will have before my surgery... then I will be down to a liquid diet for the next few weeks. Speaking of liquid diet, I went to Rite Aid today and bought a pack of Ensure and a pack of Boost. I bought one of each because I don't know which tastes better. I hope they taste decent, period. I will be drinking those for a while. In addition to the liquid foods, I went to Target last weekend to get stuff for post-surgery. I bought some children toothbrushes and non-alcoholic mouthwash. These are some of the things the hospital recommended. I feel very unready. I'm sure there are things that I need and I don't have.