Thursday, November 02, 2006

Less than a month

I don't know if the surgery thing has or has not really settled in my brain yet. I told everyone at work, friends and family that I will undergo corrective jaw surgery in December. It's quite hard to detail everything, but for the most part, we've tried to make it into jokes so there is less anxiety. I will be out of the office for 6 weeks, which takes me away through Jan 15, 2007. I am a bit worried about things at work without my presence, but there's really nothing I can do at that point. I don't know when will I be "well" enough to even worry about work.

I received my packet of information from Kaiser 2 weeks ago. I must say that the Maxillofacial Surgery office is actually quite efficient. I've also got the doc to sign off on my 6-week medical leave within 1 day. That was nice. Now I have to get X-rays done. There was a lot of information in that packet, which had a lot of "what to expect" info. I think it scared me quite a bit. I really don't know how my body will handle everything. I am most worried about vomiting, which they say will happen, and of course the food and everything else. I'm trying not to think about it too much, and I think it has been working for the most part. I have a lot of stuff going on at work, including a business trip in 1 week, which is taking my mind off the surgery. But I know, as I get closer to the date for my leave, work will suddenly explode and I will be in a bind to finish things before I go. Whatever, I'll try not to worry about it now!