Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sick during Recovery

I got very sick this past few days - I think I have the flu. I had three days of fevers ranging 101-102 degrees, congestion, dry cough causing burning chest pain, and a loss of appetite. My world literally turn upside down. Being sick is already bad enough, but being sick during recovery is worse. I am trying hard to regain back my pre-surgery weight with my restricted diet but the loss of appetite these few days has set me back 10 steps and more. I lost another 3-5 lbs and am really skinny beyond my liking. I don't know when this will end. On a positive note, I am happy that I didn't get sick during the first few weeks post-op. I can't imagine how it would have been.

I ended up postponing my surgeon appointment to the 20th of this month. This is just a follow-up appointment. The solid lump besides my nose is still there, but I haven't paid too much attention to it lately. I guess I'm just used to it now, or have learned to accept it. The only thing I need to tell my OS is that my upper lip is still tight when I open my mouth. I don't know is this is what people call numbness... whatever it is, I just know it is not normal and it has to go away over time. Recounting the weeks since my surgery, I've reached my 10-week mark! I wonder at what point should I feel 100% recovered?