Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Test Phase"

Just came back from the ortho's office this morning. Good news is that my bite is quite good at this point and my teeth are aligning correctly. Bad news is that I still have to wait 4 more weeks before anything can happen. The ortho calls this the "test phase," which means I will be OFF rubber bands for the next 4 weeks to see if my bite can hold its current position naturally. If 4 weeks later, my bite and teeth are still in their same position, then it means that my teeth are stable and I can get my braces removed!! However, on the flip side, if my teeth shift and move, I will be back on rubber bands and get more adjustments... Hence, the next 4 week period is deemed as the "test phase." As much as I hope to have my braces removed ASAP, I have a feeling that my teeth are not ready and they will shift within these 4 weeks. Just a gut feeling. I've gone this far -- I want to get things right and don't want to remove my braces prematurely.