Tuesday, September 19, 2006

10th adjustment

Today's appointment was not really an adjustment per se, but I don't know how to name it any other way. I did my molds again today. I had someone else (not the same gal as before) so the molds were done in 1 shot. I still kinda barfed a little, but since I had nothing in my stomach, nothing came out. I hate doing molds. The nurse assistant put the same wires back on but new power chains. They're the metallic silver color ones.

I unexpectedly received a voicemail on my cell phone today and it was my orthodontist. His office number was blocked so I don't know when the message was left or when he called. I think it was probably late in the day. Anyhow, he told me that the models I did today look great and that we can move forward with planning the surgery date. I have to call him tomorrow to find out the details... since by the time I retrieved the voicemail, it was around past 8pm.

It's just so funny that I was thinking on the bus today (before I received the ortho's message) that how would I be just after the surgery. Will I be able to eat? to sleep? I was thinking that I would end up barfing if they have anything sticking inside my throat post-surgery. And if I had IV, will they stick the tube through my nose?! How would that feel? I would barely be able to eat anything, so my weight will drop like mad. How would my clothes fit? All these thoughts raced through my head and I don't know if I am beginning to get scared now?! I wanted the surgery so bad -- just to get it over with. So I'm ready but am I beginning to worry now? I think when the day comes, it will just hit me and I will freak out!!