Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I was able to eat a pizza for dinner today. I still had to cut it up into pieces but at least I was able to chew and swallow it. I avoided the hard crust and ate mostly the middle, more soggy parts of the pizza. Happy to note that I am beginning to get used to having braces. Don't get me wrong, I am still very much reminded every moment that I have braces and the inconvenience of having them doesn't go away. But at least now, my teeth don't hurt as much. People tell me that the moment you get used to the braces, it's time to have them adjusted (usually about 6 weeks), which is totally correct in my case. I will have my first adjustment this Thursday. I took a picture of my teeth today and notice substantial improvement since the first day. My archwire is now almost totally straight. This only tells me that my teeth are beginning to straighten with the archwire, which is exciting for me. I wonder if I'll be getting a new archwire on Thurs....which I'm sure will cause me another few weeks of pain. Not looking forward to that. On the flip side, I am anxious to change out my yellow o-rings. I have been enjoying coffee this week because (1) I really needed it to fight jetlag, and (2) I know that I'll be changing my o-rings this Thursday. I'm posting the picture I took today and I'm re-posting the first day the braces got on. You can see the noticeable difference when you compare the two.

October 25, 2005

September 16, 2005