Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Happy 2nd month!

I've reached my 2 month mark. I know there is a lot more months to go, but it's still a milestone for me. For the most part, I'm 90% used to my braces now. My teeth and gums are no longer sore. I am able to bite into certain food that I would have never attempted to a month ago. So there's definitely progress there. Speaking of progress, I don't notice much difference between my Oct 25 picture and where I am today. Doesn't seem like anything has changed. I guess my definition of change is the straightening of the archwire. But since it was already relatively straight on Oct 25, there isn't a whole lot of more straightening to do. Not that I know this for sure, but I think my next step is to change my bite and the way my upper and lower teeth "fit together." I'm impatient when it comes to these things. I wish everything can go faster.

By the way, I've already lost 6 pounds since I had my braces. I guess you could say 6 pounds less in 2 months. A lot of it has to do with my diet. I've been cautious of what I eat...not because certain foods are more "fattening," but because I tend to gear towards "easy-to-chew" foods, which means lots and lots of tofu. I love tofu, so I guess it all works out. I rarely drink coffee now because it stains my clear ligs. Instead I drink tea. So at the end of the day, I am eating and drinking a lot healthier, although not necessarily all by choice. I would love to eat pizzas and fried chicken wings, but because the massive amount of work I need to do to cut them up, etc I just give it up altogether.

Spacers on Friday .. Yuck.