Friday, November 18, 2005

Pre-2nd Adjustment

I went to the Ortho today to put in spacers for my rear molars. On Monday, I will have 4 more rear brackets, in addition to the 4 I already have. The spacers are just what I remembered them to be, annoying. They don't hurt as much this time because I only have 4 this time, instead of 8 last time. They still feel like food stuck in between my teeth. It's hard holding back from flossing them out. I also got some sores on my upper right lips today. I'm not sure why that happened.

One thing I don't like about having braces is all those ortho appointments I need to go to. If I'm a kid going to school, I would love it. Having an ortho appointment would mean a legal excuse to skip classes. But now that I'm working and being as busy as I am, having to leave early or come in late to work become a nuisance. I make the appointment usually 6 weeks before the actual appointment and with my luck, I always seem to pick the day that end up being the busiest day of the month. Yeah. I try to plan around my known scheduled deadlines, but something always come up in between. Like today, I had to excuse myself from a meeting mid-way because I had to leave early for my appointment. I felt embarrassed.