Tuesday, January 16, 2007

16 months anniversary

16 months ago, on the 16th of September, I went into the ortho's office to put on my braces. Now, fast forward 16 months. I still have braces, but am close to being done. I've completed my surgery (which was the turning point of course) and have 9 more months of braces left. Oh, I just can't wait!

Right now, I still look funny. My swelling hasn't gone down completely yet and I have an overbite that is all too noticeable! I went back to work today after 6 weeks of medical leave. Everyone thought I looked different. Some said that I looked great. Could they have said that just for politeness? courtesy? kindness? I don't know for sure. It's hard to tell. No one will tell you the truth in these kinds of situations. I talked so much today. Many people came by to say Hi. One of my collegues got me flowers, which was really nice. I kept on talking and talking, because people tend to ask about the surgery, the recovery, etc. By the end of the day, I talked so much that my rear brackets probably scraped off some skin along the walls of my mouth. I started to bleed. The bleeding was a bit painful so at the very end of the day, I refused to talk at all. I tried putting on some wax yesterday because I knew this would happen, but it was hard to get the wax all the way in to the rear... I'm sure there will be more talking tomorrow. I'll just try to be careful.