Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ouch!

I went to see my ortho today and received some good news. I got clearance from my OS to resume orthodontic treatment! I actually feel a lot better nowadays -- I can open my mouth freely and my swelling has gone down a little bit (although I still look chubby than pre-surgery). The first step was to remove all my lig ties, which took a while. The nurse assistant had to do this one by one. I got my archwire removed for the first time since surgery. I did a really good brushing and floss. To be honest, I didn't floss once after my surgery. I know it's bad but I had other problems to deal with!

I got the same archwires put in and c-chains. I haven't had c-chains for a while, so my teeth felt a bit tight. I had the silver ones on both upper and lower. Then I got the rubberbands. I've been wearing rubberbands after-surgery already, but they weren't that tight. They were used just to give added support to my jaws and not meant to create major movement. But today's rubberbands are something different!! They hurt!! My teeth are so sore right now. I can barely open my teeth.

My upper and lower mid-lines are beginning to drift so I had to wear these rubberbands to move the teeth to their proper alignment. I have to change them 2 to 3 times a day. Different variations of the rubber bands will be prescribed to me for the next few months. This is the only way to perfect my bite.

Next OS appointment: Feb 8, 2007.
Next Ortho appointment: Feb 27, 2007