Thursday, December 21, 2006

Last Day Wired

OMG! Today is my last day being wired! I get my wires cut tomorrow! I thought this day will never come. Finally, I can:
  1. Eat regular foods!
  2. Lick my lips
  3. Yawn
  4. Sneeze
  5. Scrape my tongue
  6. Blow
  7. Suck through a straw
  8. Whistle
  9. Talk!

Never knew that there are so many little things one can't do when teeth are wired together. Little things people often take for granted. But hopefully, by tomorrow, I should be able to do all of these things...I'll be happy if I can do 1/2 of these.

Unfortunately, being unwired doesn't mean that I'm all "healed." Some parts of my face are still stiff and can't move. I have no feeling to my upper lip and left sinus area. Still swollen and numb after 20 days. I can't even smile like I used to anymore...

Promise to post some before and after pictures next time...