Thursday, December 28, 2006

Bracket Fixed!

I went to see my ortho today to get my loose bracket fixed. He was able to get the bracket reglued to the tooth without removing my archwire entirely. That was good news because I wasn't able to open my mouth wide so it would have been difficult to get the archwire out, especially from my back teeth. My ortho also replaced the bracket with one with a hook. I feel much better now that the bracket is fixed so I can put on the elastics on the hooks.

My ortho thinks he can resume orthodontic work in 2 weeks (6 weeks post-op). He needs to check with the OS first though. Hope I can get a little less swollen by then so I can resume orthodontic procedures. Anything to expedite the process is always welcomed.

A bit improvement since I got unwired last Friday. I can open my mouth a bit wider now and can brush my teeth without feeling much discomfort and "tiredness." I have been eating solid foods such as noodles. I still need to eat my meal with liquids so they can go down my throat easier. I can blend things up without having to strain. It truly opens up a lot of possibilities in terms of diet and food. I try to exercise my mouth a bit so I can gain some muscles. I hope to be able to chew soon...even if it's on soft foods. One day at a time!