Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Post-Op appointments

Yesterday, I went to get my post-op X-rays and check-up with my Oral Surgeon. The difference between the before and after X-rays is quite significant. Left X-ray is Before, and Right is After .















Procedure done: Move my lower jaw back, upper jaw forward and tilted to fit better with my lower teeth.

My surgeon said that everything looks good. I felt a lump on the left side of my sinus area (near my nose). Although it is still a bit swollen in that area, I could feel a solid lump when I press on it. The OS confirmed that it might be one of the metal plates. (You can see it on the After X-ray). Right now, you can't really tell because my face is swollen. So I asked the OS if the metal plate will stick out after the swelling is gone? He said he doesn't know, but I should just let everything heal first. And after 6 months if it still bothers me, I can have it removed. I can't imagine having to go through another procedure! The OS said it's something that can be done in-office, and simple. But still!! I don't want to go through anything anymore!

The other thing that I am concerned about is the very end of my jaw. There is a sharp bone there, and I think after all the swelling is gone, my bone is going to be more pronounced.

Today is the 12th day and I haven't seen much improvement for the past 3 days. I'm worried that I won't be any better.... hope not! So I will get unwired on Friday, December 22! Exactly 3 weeks (21 days) of being wired shut. Perfect timing before Christmas! I have abot 10 more days... oh, I can't wait!